Effective September 1, 2022: The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) approved new management regions and regulation changes for redfish in state waters:
- Establishes nine redfish management regions.
- Prohibits captain and crew from retaining a bag limit of redfish when on a for-hire trip.
- Reduces the off-the-water transport limit from six to four fish per person.
- Reduces the vessel limit in each of the management regions to be:Panhandle, Big Bend, Northeast: four fish.Tampa Bay, Sarasota Bay, Charlotte Harbor, Southwest, Southeast: two fish.
- Allows only catch-and-release fishing for redfish in the Indian River Lagoon region.
- Sets the bag limit to one fish in the Panhandle, Big Bend, Tampa Bay, Sarasota Bay, Charlotte Harbor, Southwest, Southeast and Northeast regions.This is a reduction to the bag limit in the Northeast region.
Read more at content.govdelivery.com/accounts/FLFFWCC/bulletins/320dd2a