The Sebastian Inlet District, located in Indialantic, Florida is seeking a full-time Administrative Support and Public Information Associate.
Position Closing: Until Filled
Additional Information about the Sebastian Inlet District: www.sitd.us
NATURE AND SCOPE
This professional position supports a broad range of duties in a 3-person office to fulfill the mission of the Sebastian Inlet District, supports the Executive Director and coordinates with the public, various agencies, contractors and consultants working with the District. This position will also focus on developing and disseminating public information through various media platforms; website maintenance; maintaining the collection and inventory of historical archives and new data, including drawings, documents, photos and digital files; and, developing consumable products for the public from such information and materials. This position assists with monthly commission meeting preparation, attendance, and other administrative support duties as assigned.
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
This position reports to the Executive Director and provides administrative support to the offices of the Executive Director and Contracts and Accounting Manager. This position supports the development and distribution of information to the public related to the Sebastian Inlet District. Additionally, this position is responsible for District concurrence with Florida Department of Economic Opportunity for Florida Special Districts, public speaking presentations, exhibits, publications and brochures, social media, website management, inventory and handling of District data, images, and documents.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Communications, Journalism, English or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a public outreach role. Must have experience with the current forms of social media, computer publication programs, writing, editing, PowerPoint and public speaking; experience in grant writing, exhibit design, image editing programs such as Photoshop, document scanning with word recognition programs, and graphics This position also preferers experience with and knowledge of Indian River Lagoon issues, Inlet/Beach projects, boating, saltwater fishing and Florida State Parks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION
- Prepare commission meeting agenda and meeting packets.
- Record and prepare minutes of Commission meetings and public workshops.
- Write and coordinate publishing of legal ads.
- Assist District staff on projects when needed.
- Organize files, charts, data, and storage items.
- Maintain and update District policy and procedures manuals.
- Attend meetings as necessary or requested/directed.
- Interact with consultants as necessary or requested/directed.
- Answer telephones, log District mail, and public records requests.
- Review daily media clips for articles pertinent to the District and Inlet projects.
- Maintain District social media platforms and website.
- Write and post weekly Sebastian Inlet fishing reports on the District website.
- Other duties as assigned.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess a valid FL driver license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position requires extended periods of typing/keyboarding and working at a computer screen; periods of writing, filing and editing; and occasional lifting and/or moving of up to 25 lbs. Work is typically performed in the District’s office environment, but incumbent may be required to make site visits to other work locations, which may be outdoors and may require walking on uneven terrain.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
If interested, send cover letter and resume to James Gray, Jr., Email: email@example.com.
DISTRICT OFFERED BENEFITS
- Employer paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Employer/Employee funded Florida Retirement System participation
- Employer funded SEP-IRA
- Employee funded Florida 457(b) Retirement Plan available